Monday, February 6, 2012

My Garden of Eden Quilt

I finally finished the quilt I have been busily sewing for my dear Husband.  His old quilt (the one I was replaceing) is old and tattered and ready to be thrown out.  Oh I can't wait to throw it in the garage can!!  I received this quilt from my grandmother for my birthday when I was around 16 years old.  I would keep it and try to fix it or something if she had made this for me, but it was store bought.  I have no sentimental attachment to it.  My husband might, but he doesn't need it anymore.  Since I replaced it with...
 

THIS!!  I named this quilt the "Garden of Eden" quilt.  All the colors are natural colors with vines or leaves of somesort in the fabric.  I think it turned out really nice!  My husband LOVES it!!  Which I LOVE!  I had to keep taking it away from him to finish it.  He kept wrapping himself in it.  I was worried during the sewing process (I saw all my imperfections as I made them!).  However, I just took it out of the dryer and I am pleased to say I did a good job.  It only took me, what seems like, a gazillion hours to complete!




 But it is done!  I am happy and my Husband is especially happy!!

Thank you to those who helped!

1 comment: