Saturday, January 7, 2012

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along

While perusing new projects, I stumbled upon this group that is making Farmer's Wife sampler quilts. I've got my book on order and am going to quilt along with them. They are on week 27, but I'm going to jump in and see what I can do. There are 111 blocks to make. They work on 2 each week in whatever order they want. It's so fun to see all of the different color choices and all of the beautiful blocks. I'll share my progress here every once in a while! Group resumes in February...so I have a little time to catch up!


3 comments:

  1. I would love to join you, but I'd hate to be a copy cat. That seems really fun and a great way to learn. It would also be fun to see how different the quilts will turn out just by the different color choices and block placement.. You have such great ideas Mary! I'll need to look more into that. I really liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No copycats...just quilting along with each other! I think you should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok! I'm in! Have you read reviews on the book? People suggest printing out and numbering all the files and putting it in a binder with page protectors because the cd will break. Also, do the patterns have measurements? I'll buy the book this Friday on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete