Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More I Spy Fun

If the one huge I Spy quilt wasn't enough, I decided to make four more for Christmas gifts - two for family members, and two for my cousin to give his friends as gifts. Here they are...

First up...a variation on the stacked coins idea. I really like this one. Clean lines and fun, fun, fun prints!

Here's the back. This was the first time I've ever pieced together a backing. I really love the way it looks.

This one is a four patch. I sewed the four patches together with one solid square per block (always in the same spot). When we were deciding how to arrange them, this cool diagonal appeared. Serendipity!

Here is the back. I love piecing the backs together so you can use the most of your scraps!!

Here is the first one for my cousin. This one is also a four patch (one solid square in the same place in each block). I arranged them a little differently and came up with this sort of checkerboard.

Here's the second one for my cousin. This one is the four patch arranged with the diagonal pattern just like the second one above.

I bought a twin sheet set on clearance and use that for the backing on these quilts. It's so fun and colorful! I just love them.

Five quilts in five months...that was a little crazy!

4 comments:

  1. They are all fun and amazing that you can take the I Spy idea and create so many variations. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fun and amazing that you can take the I Spy idea and create so many variations. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that one with the all the greens, but the plaid border in the first one is my favorite. Lovely job, so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete