Tuesday, January 3, 2012

September Quilt COMPLETED!!

I was finally able to take some photos of my finished I Spy quilt today. Hooray! Check it out...

I think I'll have to set up a clothesline to take some better pictures...or maybe we'll have to build a barn. I always love quilt pictures in front of barns. I'm sure Jason will go for that!

I finally decided on no sashing between 9 patches. Then I put a 4 inch border on and another row of I Spy and solid blocks around the edge. Then 2 more borders. I really LOVE the way it turned out!

I have lots of favorite fabrics, but was really excited when a friend brought back the BYU fabric from Utah.

I decided to get creative on the longarm and quilt our name into the border. It's so cute even if penmanship was always my lowest grade.

And the whole reason we all put it together...so these two boys with crazy hair and pajamas could spy a world of things.

Thank you so much for helping me with the blocks! Do you spy your blocks in the picture, hehe?!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture. There will be endless hours of play time on that quilt. It is a family heirloom now. Just not sure which one will get to keep the heirloom. I think Jason would love to build you a barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that quilt is perfect to bring to the fourth of July. Keep those kids entertained! I love it! You did a really great job on it.

    ReplyDelete